Thursday, June 18, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! I am a person who enjoys constant change, so in honnor of the anniversary of the Teen Catholic Family, I have created a new blog which is just an extension of TeenCatholic. Since the start of my last blog I have grown and matured much in my faith. I have learned constantly and have formed solid opinions, which is something that my last blog had lacked. I learned many lessons through the challenges of life. In the past year, my youth director, deacon, and parish priest have tested my faith and challenged me in it. I have grown as a person and want to share this with my readers.

I chose my new blog title from a quote of a great saint that really touched my heart: "Holiness is not the luxury of the few, it is a simple duty, for you and me." - Mother Teresa. This quote has been reaffirmed by Pope John Paul II in his Apostolic Exhortation "Christfideles Laici". Holiness is one thing that I strive for in everyday life through the simple things we do each day. Heaven is ultimatly our goal, but for now all we can do is pray and strive to achieve.

Another new thing about this blog is it's new patroness, Our Lady of the Smile. I came across this image of the Blessed Mother while researching the life of St. Therese of Lisieux. The image is one beyond compare in my opinion because it is one of the few where the Blessed Mother has a smile on her face. It shows how our Mother rejoiced in her son, Jesus, and how happiness is what we recieve when we say "yes" to God.

I pray that this blog will inspire the hearts of many to go out into the world and be witnesses to the truth wich God has revealed to us in his son, Jesus Christ.

In love,
Jude Graham

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your thirst for holiness is truly inspiring. I will pray each day that it will help all young Catholics to be true to their faith despite so many temptations to live as if God and morality don't matter any more. Augustine said 'Our hearts are restless until they rest in Thee'

Emily said...

Yes! Solid beliefs! ;P
*Blessings to thy new blog in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit*
Keep on growing.

Teen Catholic said...

you know whats weird? John: our priest just gave a homily on that quote yesterday! weird!

The Young Catholic said...

I hope you can grow even more in your faith.

The Young Catholic said...

I hope you can grow even more in your faith.

Chanel said...

This an amazing blog!! I love the statue of Our Lady of the Smile! I saw it in the movie Therese, it's a movie worth seeing if you haven't seen it! In this "Year of the Priest" I will be praying for you.
God Bless!